Hello! I am Vitale Mazo.
I’m A Senior Systems Architect / Infrastructure Engineer 17+ years of in-depth and highly versatile Systems / Network Administration experience with proven ability to quickly master Deploy Design new systems Vast working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Network and VMware, AWS, AZURE Currently Deployed Amazon AWS Cloud Infrastructure Multi regional With on Premise integration- -
Master’s Degree of Network & Communications Management (MNCM) with Concentration in Information Security; Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with Emphasis on Computer Forensics
Achieve optimum results within demanding deadlines while ensuring utmost accuracy Related Competencies: - •Network/Systems Engineer /Systems Administration •Technical Documentation Information Security •Problem Analysis / Resolution Root cause •Project Management •Technical Reporting • Team Leadership •Hands On Technical Implementation •Datacenter and Cloud Infrastructure Design and implementation migrations •Supporting Devops front / backend engineers. Learn More
April 2020 - Present
Currently responsible for Technical Design, implementation, configuration, Azure.GOV cloud environment using IAC Terraform Enterprise Git Enterprise,
Azure Runbook automation ongoing on prem hybrid application migrations to Azure.gov and AWS gov environments, Evaluate,
audit current on prem application environments design / implement migration paths for legacy applications while creating innovative paths forward for future application growth.
March 2014 - March 2020
• Technical Design, implementation, configuration, and upgrading of Systems & network infrastructure environments including Jira, SCCM, ISS, Nginx, Ubuntu 12.04 -18, Windows Server 2012r2/2016 Active Directory, LAN/WAN, MPLS, load balancing, traffic shaping, PKI management, Exposure to terraform, GIT, CloudFormation,
Technical implementation, configuration, and redesign of 300+ virtualized server infrastructure based on VMware, ESXI, Dell force 10 switches, Dell EqualLogic SANs, Sonic OS firewalls, Sophos, Juniper Cisco Meraki, Veeam, Okta SAML, Office 365. Enterprise Backup, SolarWinds monitoring Stack, Nagios Network stack, Deployment of AWS design implementation and configuration of Equinix Data center with
AWS backbone services including BGP and Multihoming AWS Direct connect redundancy, Hands on configuration of the following VPC ,IAM, ELB, Redis, ELB , CloudFront, Route53 , Cognito, DNS, FSX, EFS, EC2, ,ELB, ECS , ELK stack, Lambda, S3 AWS CLI, Docker, exposure to Kubernetes,chef, CloudFormation HA firewall Stack.
• Vendor Management, Cloud Architect (Design, Setup, Administration), AWS Engineer (Routing, DNS and CA management, AWS WAF / Incapsula WAF, Microsoft Active Directory 2012/2016/2019, SSO/ADFS/SAML Integrations, ADCS/DNS/DHCP/NTP/LDAP. Technical analysis, implementation, configuration, and maintenance of on prem SAN Storage infrastructure components including Primary and Failover DR sites NY, NJ, AWS, EU configuration between VMWARE Infrastructure and AWS including physical locations with MPLS cross connections, Radius Configurations and Wireless authentication
• Implementation and maintenance of Microsoft Server technology and infrastructure platforms including Windows server operating systems and deployment of MS Terminals Server Farm in a virtual environment to support over 70 India Based remote users. Provide Support to Devops Teams utilizing Linux Stack including not limited to MEMSQL and Mongo DB clustered SQL database redundancy, Perl Scrips and Python ETL troubleshooting in AWS and On Premise.
• Maintained Cloud Based and On-premise network security infrastructure servers such as VPN gateways, firewalls, Security Groups, Ingress egress etc…Intrusion Detection SEIMs Systems Utilizing Alien Vault IDS, IPS. Implementation of virtualized backup and storage SAN infrastructure including S3 bucket and amazon Gateway storage services, Workspaces Multi VPC deployments.
• Support application servers, routers, switches, software deployment etc…
• Business Continuity planning, execution and documentation of all network Infrastructure configuration and layout logical and physical topologies. Design deliver core infrastructure services from the ground up, DR, Remote access, Platform Up time, Hardware scaling, Network Failover between remote offices in Chicago, Zurich, Boston, NY, NJ and AWS, Systems maintenance hardware, software deployments
november 2012 - March 2014
• Technical analysis, implementation, configuration, and upgrading of network infrastructure environments including Active Directory, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, etc…
• Technical analysis, implementation, configuration, and maintenance of virtualized server infrastructure based on VMware 5.5, ESXI, Avaya, Dell force 10 switches, Dell Equalogic SANs, Juniper firewalls, Veeam Backup, Symantec Enterprise Vault, Mcafee EPO, Varonis, RSA 8.1 virtual Manager, Solarwinds NPM,
• Technical analysis, implementation, configuration, and maintenance of DELL and HP Server and Storage infrastructure components including Primary and Failover DR site configuration between VMWARE Infrastructure.
• Implementation and maintenance of Microsoft Server technology and infrastructure platforms including Windows 7 server operating systems and Remote Desktop Services etc... • Maintain network security infrastructure servers such as VPN gateways, firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems Mcafee M2850 IDS, IPS. Implementation of virtualized backup and storage SAN infrastructure production to DR sites. Involved in maintaining IBM AS400 and core banking applications
• Support application servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, landline phones, BlackBerry smart phones, software deployment etc…
• Assist end users in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Visio and Project)
• Business Continuity planning, execution and documentation of all network Infrastructure configuration and layout.
august 2006 - november 2013
• Manage intra-office, Internet and wireless connectivity operations for manufacturer offering wide range of structured cabling systems products.
• Developed architecture and orchestrate operations for MS Exchange Server 2007, MS Windows 2008 Server, Active Directory, backups, Sonic firewalls, routers, switches, VPNS, CRM systems and ERP system.
• Significantly reduced downtime by installing backup (BackupExec) cloud-based virtualization solution using VOIP, cloud-based PBX system and cloud-based server for emails and files, SQL DB, VMWARE 4.x.
• Expanded operations within four months by establishing Remote Office deployment and setup for Atlanta office and warehouse. Hired technicians and built high-performing team.
• Delivered remote troubleshooting for Hyperlines Network office in Ottawa, CA. • Represented company at Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI) conferences and served as liaison between company president and telecommunications industry leaders.
June 30th 2013
GRADUATE SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
Concentration in Information Security “Honors”
February 26th 2012
University of Computer Science
“Honors” Bachelor of Science in Computer Science Degree / Specialization in Computer Systems Forensics “Summa cum laude”
2008 - Present
Focus On Amazon WEB SERVICES
AWS Certified Security - Specialty (SCS) Validation Number GZ353LMK3EF1QKK3
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional (SAP) Validation Number J04E6XMK31V41EWF
AWS Certified Solutions Architect (SAA) Validation Number G8N2SBN1314Q1RCR
AWS Certified Developer (DVA) Validation Number QLWXTM6KGFEE1B9H
AWS Certified SysOps ADMINISTRATOR (SOA) Validation Number GG8R2QKCE2RQQBSW
AWS Certified Cloud AWS Practitioner (CLF) Validation Number 5CW155R2HMBQ1D5G
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCSE expired)
CCNP (Expired) Microsoft Certified Windows Server / Network+ Certification: Microsoft Office Support Switches: DELL Force 10 , CISCO Catalyst 6500 stacks Certifications Certified in PC Hardware and PC Operating Systems